Enjoy the soothing sounds of the tropical islands! The bamboowind chime is handmade on the island of Bali. Each tube is hand-tuned and hand-carved to produce a unique, mellow-sounding tone that is simply beautiful.The Bird bobs its head in the wind while bamboo chimes ring beneath him. This wind chime is handmade on the island of Bali. Each tube, made of 100% bamboo, is hand-tuned and hand-carved to produce a unique, mellow-sounding tone that is simply beautiful. It is made from coconut husk, coconut fibers, and natural fiber twine. This chime uses all renewable resources and is totally earth-friendly. The bamboo tubes are varnished for outdoor protection, but should be brought indoors during severe winter weather. It measures approximately 33-38 inches long.
To extend the life of your chime
Bamboo is sensitive to humidity and sudden temperature changes. Infrequent hairline or small cracks may develop as the bamboo expands and contracts. These type of cracks are not considered a defect, even when the chime is brand new. They are normal to bamboo and will not affect the sound of the chime. Generally, they do not develop into larger cracks.
- Hang your chime in an area protected from direct sunlight or heavy winds. Excellent locations include under a porch overhang or in a shady tree.
- Bring your chimes in during extreme weather or windstorms.
- If you live in the north, bring your chimes in during the harsh winter months and store it in an unheated area, such as a shed or garage.
- Occasionally wipe off your chimes with a damp cloth to remove any build-up or mold.
- Every spring, provide added weather protection by wiping off the chime and applying a coat of varnish on it.